Biomes[edit | edit source]
There are a variety of kinds of biomes in CryoFall, such as:
- Tropical Forest: Olive Green colored areas in the South-Eastern/Western corners. Least aggressive mobs and also home to rubber trees.
- Temperate Forest: Pale green in the center of the map. One of the two places to have rubber trees.
- Temperate Beach: A biome that exists around the entire island. You can get Bottle of salt water and Sand from here
- Boreal Forest: Green. Northern part of the map. Slightly more dangerous than Temperate forest, but also home to coal among other minerals.
- Swamp: Moss Green colored area on the Western section of the map. One of the two places available to extract oil.
- Barren Sandy colored area in the East. Home to dangerous predators, little food, and almost no water. Contains pragmium and oil deposits.
- Volcano: Located at the West and North-Eastern sections of the map. Dangerous. Avoid until well established.
Sub biomes[edit | edit source]
Sub biomes are small areas that appear multiple times in the greater biomes.
- Lake Shores: Small pockets of sand and fresh water inside the mainland. You can acquire Sand, Sugar, or Bottle with Stale Water here.
- Meadows: Light Green areas inside Forest Biomes that contain high amounts of herbs and gatherable materials.
- Rocky Mountains: Light Brown elevated patches in all biomes that provide valuable materials such as Copper Ore and Iron Ore.
- Clay Pits: Red/Brown low elevated areas that exist throughout the mainland. Contain high amounts of Clay.
- Salt Flats: Dark Grey low elevated areas inside the Barren. Contain Salt and, upon a full harvest of a rock, Lithium Salts.
- Ruins: Grey-Colored incredibly dangerous zones filled with enemy mobs and sometimes hazardous radiation.
Map[edit | edit source]
The latest version of the map is always available in this official Steam Guide https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1704305623